[asterisk-users] ITSP Multi IPs

Claude Hayn chayn123 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 20:12:53 CDT 2011

Hi,

I'm hoping someone has a suggestion for us.

We have an ITSP that sends inbound traffic to us.  Unannounced to us last
week they started alternately sending traffic from two IP addresses, instead
of the one we knew about.  Some calls would pass, and others would be dumped
as unauthenticated.

I added the 2nd IP to the sip.conf file to allow for this, and everything
was fine until this morning.

This morning the first IP started being rejected even though it was listed
in the sip.conf file.  As soon as I commented out the .45 IP address that I
added last week traffic flowed again.

We need to authorize traffic from both IP addresses.

Any suggestions?

Sip.conf:

[incoming-trunk]

type=peer

insecure=port,invite

context=default-incoming

host=XX.XXX.XXX.40

canreinvite=nonat

qualify=yes

disallow=all

allow=ulaw

nat=yes

[incoming-trunk]

type=peer

insecure=port,invite

context=default-incoming

host=XX.XXX.XXX.45

canreinvite=nonat

qualify=yes

disallow=all

allow=ulaw

nat=yes

Default-incoming in extensions.conf is:

[default-incoming]

; Create extensions 1234 & 1235 for evaluating echo latency.

exten => 1234,1,Playback(demo-echotest)         ; Let them know what's going
on

exten => 1234,n,Playback(beep)          ; Beep to let them know the test has
started

exten => 1234,n,Echo                            ; Do the echo test

exten => 1234,n,Playback(demo-echodone)        ; Let them know it's over

exten => 1234,n,Goto(s,6)           ; Start over

; send a 1KHz test tone

exten => 1235,1,MilliWatt

; play the hold music

exten => 1236,1,Answer

exten => 1236,n,MusicOnHold(default)

exten => _X.,1,Dial(DAHDI/R0/${EXTEN:4})