[asterisk-users] Voicemail Configuration

John Marvin jm-asterisk at themarvins.org
Mon May 9 16:23:14 CDT 2011

On 5/9/2011 3:08 PM, Roger Burton West wrote:

> You could use Monitor to record the whole call, then use an AGI to do
> something with it on hangup if the other conditions haven't been
> satisfied...?

I understand how to do the first part, and I at least understand that I
could do something fancy with the AGI capability. But what I don't know
is how I can take the recording and insert it into a voicemail box such
that it can be retrieved through the normal "VoiceMailMain" mechanism.

Would the asterisk voicemail app dynamically notice something new being
dropped into the voicemail mbox directory? Would it only be noticed once
Asterisk is restarted? Most importantly, would it send out the notifies
to the "phone" associated with that voicemail box? I can probably fake
the last part if necessary, but making the voicemail retrievable through
the normal voicemail mechanism is what I really need to achieve.

Thanks,

John