[asterisk-users] Occasional call from "asterisk"

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 10:32:13 CDT 2011

Thanks for the input. Long ago the CDR showed "asterisk" as the CLID but it
doesn't anymore so I am puzzled now how to even stop taking calls because my
CLID is now blank and I can't refuse any call with no CLID.

*WARNING[11002] chan_dahdi.c: CallerID returned with error on channel
'DAHDI/2-1'*

Here are some out of place messages I am getting in my logs but nothing out
of norm around the time I get Ghost calls though:
*WARNING[11002] chan_dahdi.c: CallerID returned with error on channel
'DAHDI/2-1'*

*NOTICE[12524] chan_dahdi.c: Got event 17 (Polarity Reversal)...*
*
*
*
DEBUG[12524] chan_dahdi.c: Ignore switch to REVERSED Polarity on channel 4,
state 6

DEBUG[12524] chan_dahdi.c: Ignoring Polarity switch to IDLE on channel 4,
state 6
*

Can someone shed light on these options as to what exactly they do:
hanguponpolarityswitch=yes
answeronpolarityswitch=yes

Hopefully some Asterisk guru can tell us more about what might be happening
as I see this as a situation that can be avoided or at least there should be
a workaround for this.

Regards,