[asterisk-users] Cisco 7940 phone and tftpd provisioning - for ever?

Sebastian Arcus shop at open-t.co.uk
Mon May 9 05:11:09 CDT 2011

Oh yeah - love your idea :-)

So just to clarify - I take it the Cisco phones (at least the 7940) are
supposed to be run with a tftp server available at all time - not only
during the initial configuration? Just making sure I didn't miss
something obvious in the documentation. Can somebody confirm please.

It's just that the Grandstream phones I use can load firmware and
configs over http or tftp - but they are happy to work without it once
they are configured.

Sebastian