[asterisk-users] OUTBOUND CALLER ID

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Mon May 9 03:22:51 CDT 2011

On Monday 09 May 2011, mahesh katta wrote:
> Hi,
> THIS IS IN DUBAI.
>
> I am having PRI line with 100 DID's (00-99) and when we call to any
> landline or mobile number then it shows us our board number or pilot number
> (i.e 4663000 means 00)..

In the context through which outgoing calls are placed, you need a step which
sets the caller ID number.  For instance, part of our dialplan maps external
phone numbers with the local part 707060 to 707072 to internal extensions 301
to 312 respectively.  Our E1 provider also requires us to include the STD
code, minus the leading zero, for the town we are in -- and will silently
anonymise the call if we try to send a caller ID that does not belong to us.

So for outgoing calls, we have something like

[ts-outgoing]
exten => _0., 1, Set(localno=7070$[${CALLERID(num)}-240])
exten => _0., 2, Set(CALLERID(num)=${STD}${localno})

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.