[asterisk-users] Supermicro X7SPE (Atom) as Asterisk server?

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Sat May 7 09:09:02 CDT 2011

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 3:05 AM, Vahan Yerkanian <vahan at arminco.com> wrote:
> On 5/6/11 11:52 PM, Andrew Latham wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 2:48 PM, Vahan Yerkanian<vahan at arminco.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Has anyone used this board as an Asterisk server?
>>>
>>> http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/ATOM/ICH9/X7SPE.cfm?typ=H&IPMI=Y
>>>
>>> I'm mostly interested about the possible compatibility issues this board
>>> may
>>> have with the AEX800 card.
>>
>> Yes that is a great system and the built-in IPMI is a livesaver...  if
>> you are using a full size harddrive you need to apply some protection
>> to the card in the case (the superserver 1U).  They are close but not
>> touching...
>>
> Thanks for the info, are you using the AEX800 with it?
> How's the load, and what actual performance do you have?

I put my AEX800 in one to test and it works fine.  Normally we use
them with E1 cards.  It has 4 cores (2cores + hyperthreading) and
works very well.  Load is low.  Priced almost the same if not cheaper
than a Soekris this is a great solution for small installs. Use a
picoPSU for a fanless setup..

--
~~~ Andrew "lathama" Latham lathama at gmail.com ~~~