[asterisk-users] Background music during a call

Rizwan Hisham rizwanhasham at gmail.com
Fri May 6 10:30:30 CDT 2011

Hi All,
I am in desperate need of this feature. I want to play background music
during a call while the 2 parties are having some lovely conversation (or
maybe give them a sort of cursing background if they are cursing each
other). I found this post which talks about creating a ghost call with the
help of queues and putting that queue in a meetme room where queue will play
the song/curse and the two parties will enjoy/maybe not. I could'nt make it
to work.

Anyways, I think this feature will require some creative dialplanning as its
not supported by default by the software. If anyone can tell me how to
create a ghost call then the rest I may be able to figure out myself. If
there is another way plz share coz im on a deadline.

I am a wee bit of a programmer also, so if your idea needs changes in the
code please dont hesitate to share, otherwise you WILL get a call from me
with a special background noise crafted just for you :)

Meanwhile i'll try my best to come up with a solution.

Cheers

--
Best Ragards
Rizwan Qureshi