[asterisk-users] The new ConfBridge application is now in Asterisk Trunk!

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Thu May 5 17:23:03 CDT 2011

Richard wrote:

>> No, conference scheduling is not a feature that we have built
>> directly into ConfBridge, and I'm debating on what it would look
>> like.

> Scheduling isn't built into MeetMe either, but the fact that it
> dynamically reads from a database means that you can write external
> programs (such as Web-Meetme) that create conferences that MeetMe can read.
> For me, in order for ConfBridge to be at all interesting, it needs the
> same functionality.

In the context David is referring to, yes scheduling is in MeetMe.
Web-MeetMe is used to maintain/manipulate the database that MeetMe
reads.

Prior to 1.6.1.7 the scheduling logic was in an out of tree application
that would validate the conference details and pass control to app_meetme.
Ending a conference depended on a relatively unreliable PHP script.

The RealTime/Scheduling features trickled in during the early 1.6 releases,
with 1.6.1.7 being the first release with all of the basic features need
to work with Web-MeetMe.  I recommend 1.6.2 or 1.8 for use with Web-MeetMe.

David-
  I have been watching the announcements about the new ConfBridge with
mixed feelings.  I am excited about the new mixing options and profiles,
and dreading the flood of 'When will you update Web-MeetMe to support
ConfBridge?' questions.  If it had at a minimum the option to use
RealTime to override pins and start/end time logic, I would likely
have a version supporting ConfBridge and profiles during 1.10 RC timeframe.
As it stands I am not planning to go back to using pre/post-call processing
for scheduling in WMM.

  I've started and deleted this message several times since the first
announcement, as it almost always reads as an ultimatum and it is
absolutely not meant to be.  I really do think it represents a major
leap forward in Asterisk conferencing.  I simply feel I must let
the WMM users know that support for it is highly unlikely.