[asterisk-users] Discussion: Test platform

Warren Selby wcselby at selbytech.com
Thu May 5 11:11:37 CDT 2011

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 10:07 AM, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:

> > So how can we fix this?  How can we get more people involded?  What makes
> projects like FedoraTesting[3] and DebianTesting[4] popular?  How can the
> Asterisk project reproduce their success?
> Give them something that tests their own setup as well as test the Asterisk
> in the core.

This.  I haven't looked at the test-suite since it was new, but I remember
thinking it was going to be a pain to set it up in a such a way that I would
be able to basically drop in my existing configs and run tests to make sure
everything continued to "just work" for my existing clients, let alone test
new features and patches, etc.  Right now, it's faster and easier to
basically just compile the new version on a test machine and copy the
configs over to it and see how well my existing client systems will work
with the new changes.

--
Thanks,
--Warren Selby, dCAP