[asterisk-users] Orginate not working well with PSTN lines

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu May 5 09:43:27 CDT 2011

5 maj 2011 kl. 16.35 skrev Gilles:

> On Tue, 3 May 2011 13:48:34 -0500, Shaun Ruffell <sruffell at digium.com>
> wrote:
>> I know this thread is dead but: I do not believe this should go into the DAHDI
>> kernel modules.
>
> I agree. It's just too bad Dahdi is unable to report how an outgoing
> call is doing: Still ringing, busy, answered.

Just to add to the confusion... I have a branch where I managed to get manager originate to handle early media.
If we get 183 (sip) or progress in ISDN with media before the answer, a manager originate will start the bridge.

We're using that to get the Telco messages when we dial out to connect to a meetme. Previously we just had failed calls, but now we can hear the Telco message saying something like "Invalid number, please try again" or "Weasles have eaten your phone system"....

In the SIP channel, I would like to send some sort of control message when we get 100 trying. This means that we at least have a connection to something, even if we don't know if we've reached the target endpoint.  I don't know if there's a similar message in ISDN, PSTN or other channels.

But that's another patch :-)

/O