[asterisk-users] Cordless VoIP Phones and Access Point hand-off?

Shawn L shawnl at up.net
Wed May 4 17:21:32 CDT 2011

 I have a situation where we have an asterisk box that is extending several
Mitel PBX extensions to
some cordless SIP phones (Cisco WIP310).   Everything works great, except
when the cordless
phone walks out of range of one access point and into range of another
(cisco 1100 series APs).

I've been able to get virtually seamless roaming between access points to
work in the past with data
but have never tried it with voice before.  Is there a way to get asterisk
to keep the call active for a
certain period of time even after the phone becomes un-reachable then
re-attach it when the phone
comes back, or hang it up if it never comes back?

 For instance, keep the call active for 30 seconds after the phone becomes
un-reachable.  if it comes back
in 30 seconds, re-attach the active call.  If not, hang it up.

Barring that, if the cordless phone becomes un-reachable is there a way to
automatically put the active call
on hold, or park it?  That's not the preferred solution, but it would work
great until I figure something else
out.

Thanks in advance