[asterisk-users] receive faxes

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Wed May 4 11:04:51 CDT 2011

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 12:00 PM, A J Stiles
<asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk> wrote:
> (For my part, I'm actually surprised that nobody came up with a proper
> protocol for encapsulating the stream of zeros and ones that make up a fax
> transmission but rely on the precise timing inherent with a circuit-switched
> network, into something more suitable for sending over a packet-switched
> network.  That would have fixed it good and proper.)
>
> --
> AJS
>
> Answers come *after* questions.

AJS, thanks, love the humor.  Faxing is considered a legal method of
doing business in many areas.  Maybe lobbing for more effective
digital signatures would help get faxing removed from our everyday
lives.

--
~~~ Andrew "lathama" Latham lathama at gmail.com ~~~