[asterisk-users] Orginate not working well with PSTN lines

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Tue May 3 13:48:34 CDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 01:04:42AM +0200, Gilles wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 14:15:10 +0300, Ashik Ali
> <beaasteriskguru at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Anybody can explain me why asterisk is unable to detect ringback tone from
>> PSTN telco  ? .
>
> I guess it was a lot of work, and nobody bothered adding this to the
> Zaptel driver.

I know this thread is dead but: I do not believe this should go into the DAHDI
kernel modules.

The only thing the kernel modules could possibly do if the "ring" tone is
detected is queue an event on the channel for Asterisk to decide how to
handle. Asterisk / chan_dahdi is already typically monitoring the channel for
DTMF digits and looking for additional tones and patterns could be added
there.  Asterisk would potentially need to have the tonezones of all possible
destinations loaded which would make this complex and resource hungry.

Cheers,
Shaun

--
Shaun Ruffell