[asterisk-users] Asterisk, bicolor BLF and DEVSTATE

Steven Howes steve-lists at geekinter.net
Tue May 3 08:00:34 CDT 2011

On 3 May 2011, at 13:34, Olivier wrote:
> It seems that Asterisk DEVICE_STATE function can't be mapped with this bicolor feature.
> So how could this 4-states BLF be implemented ?
> Any suggestion ?

The handset is what maps the colours to the states. You can't send a colour in SIP. You could create a list of all the possible device states, and see which produce the desired colours on phones. I know the Cisco SPA series does let you edit the colours for different device statues. Might be worth seeing if other phones do the same.