[asterisk-users] How to create distortion, echo, and chopping sound in a SIP trunk?

Hans Witvliet hwit at a-domani.nl
Mon May 2 11:09:37 CDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-04-28 at 11:25 -0400, Bruce B wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>

> How can I introduce some distortion, echo, chopping sound and all
> other bad quality things that can happen to a SIP trunk? I have plenty
> of bandwidth and crisp clear lines so the only thing that I can think
> of is to limit bandwidth but even that requires quite some scripting
> work.
>

> Is there any easy way to simulate a distorted SIP line temporarily for
> testing?

You can intruduce a predefined amount of "distortion" on your ip-connection
(packet loss, fluctuating delay, out of secuence reception of packets,
limited bandwith)

All of these will have a serious impact on your VOIP-connection.

See "lartc" about it.
Good thing about it, is that you pre-define how bad a line is, and it
produces re-producable results

hw