[asterisk-users] default context overrides context of peer

Deepesh D deep.d2010 at gmail.com
Mon May 2 05:09:52 CDT 2011

Hello,

I upgraded from asterisk 1.6.2.7 to asterisk 1.6.2.17.

I have context=defcontext set in sip.conf. For each peer I have
context=outcontext in the peer definition since I want outgoing calls
from registered SIP peers to go through context 'outcontext'. This
used to work in the older version (1.6.2.7), but after upgrading this
has stopped working. Now outgoing calls are going to 'defcontext' and
the calls fail. After the peer registers 'sip show peer <peername>'
show the context as 'outcontext', but while making a call the default
context in sip.conf overrides the peer context.

Is there any other setting that I need to do in asterisk 1.6.2.17?

Thanks