[asterisk-users] Cisco IP Phones and Asterisk

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 18:10:10 CDT 2011

Kindly find below my notes preceded by ( * ).
> Good morning,
>
> from the last question i assume you're looking for a
> SIP-based
> configureation.
>
> On 03-30-2011 00:16, bilal ghayyad wrote:
>
> > 1) How I can assign for each button an extension?
>  >
> you can configure them as lines (at least in my
> 7940).  look for
> linex_name, linex_authname and linex_password settings in
> the config file.

* So I will need to have a TFTP server to place the configuration file on it and to be downloaded when the Phone is booting?

I can not do the configuration from the web based of the Phone?

> > 2) How I can assign for specific button a feature to
> be used (like call forward or call pickup .. etc)?
> AFAIK you can't reprogram the softkeys.  There are two
> buttons which you
> can use for programming (well, sort of).  You can
> define the mailbox
> extension which can be any extension.  You can write a
> dial plan for a
> specific function and then use it as "voicemail".
>
> The other button is the service button which can be
> programmed to access
> any HTTP url.  I'm using mine to switch my desk lamp
> on or off.

* Can I understand that working with Asterisk does not give a chance to have IP Phones with featues assigned on the buttons, so the only way to use the features is to be by access code and can not be by button? No way to assign the access code to the button?

Regards
Bilal