[asterisk-users] Discover when remote phone answers through IAX2

Raj Mathur ( राज माथुर ) raju at linux-delhi.org
Tue Mar 29 21:28:19 CDT 2011

Hi,

I'm using IAX2 between our SIP and PSTN servers, both running Asterisk
1.6.2.  Users connect to the SIP server and dial; the SIP server
forwards the call to the PSTN server over IAX2, which then dials out
over the connected PRI.  Since users need detailed call progress
feedback, the first action in the dialplan on the PSTN server side is
Answer().

In this scenario it's easy for a human to know when a call has been
answered.  However, the SIP-side Asterisk treats the call as answered
the moment the PSTN server executes Answer().  Is there any way of
determining on the SIP side when the called party actually picks up the
phone?  Or if she doesn't, the status of the call as it progresses?

Regards,

-- Raj
--
Raj Mathur                raju at kandalaya.org      http://kandalaya.org/