[asterisk-users] Debugging not going to log file

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 09:11:20 CDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 11:05 AM, Dean Hoover <kb7qdi at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an Asterisk server running 1.6.2.13, where I can't seem to get
> the increased logging to save to the /var/log/asterisk/messages file.
> I have tried using the standard "core set debug 10" and "core set
> verbose 10", as well as specifically pointing it to the filename with
> "core set debug 10 /var/log/asterisk/messages".  Still, only the most
> serious errors are being reported to the messages log file.
>
> It seems to work fine with my other Asterisk running 1.4.23.1.  Is
> there something else that I'm missing?
>
> Dean Hoover
> Waukesha, Wisconsin

I had this happen a month ago, don't feel bad...

In http://svn.asterisk.org/svn/asterisk/branches/1.4/configs/logger.conf.sample
check for debug on the end of the logging method.

;debug => debug
console => notice,warning,error
;console => notice,warning,error,debug  <------- Look here
messages => notice,warning,error
;full => notice,warning,error,debug,verbose

--
~~~ Andrew "lathama" Latham lathama at gmail.com ~~~