[asterisk-users] Debugging not going to log file

Dean Hoover kb7qdi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 09:05:42 CDT 2011

I have an Asterisk server running 1.6.2.13, where I can't seem to get
the increased logging to save to the /var/log/asterisk/messages file.
I have tried using the standard "core set debug 10" and "core set
verbose 10", as well as specifically pointing it to the filename with
"core set debug 10 /var/log/asterisk/messages".  Still, only the most
serious errors are being reported to the messages log file.

It seems to work fine with my other Asterisk running 1.4.23.1.  Is
there something else that I'm missing?

Dean Hoover
Waukesha, Wisconsin