[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8 Packages for Debian and Ubuntu

Daniel Pocock daniel at readytechnology.co.uk
Tue Mar 29 06:59:54 CDT 2011

>> - upgrade policy - is it intended that someone who has Debian 6 with
>> the existing Asterisk 1.6 packages (from Debian's maintainer) can just
>> upgrade to the Digium package without moving or changing any config?
>
> There is nothing specific about the packages that is going to make this situation any better or worse than any method of upgrading from Asterisk 1.6.X to Asterisk 1.8.  Issues related to version compatibility can be found in the UPGRADE*.txt files in the Asterisk source.
>
> http://svn.asterisk.org/view/asterisk/trunk/UPGRADE-1.8.txt?view=markup

Apart from the 1.8 release notes though, there is no need to do any
specific changes when going from the Debian-maintained 1.6 package to
the Digium-maintained 1.8?

I tried the packages (clean install) on one machine yesterday and I
noticed that they depend on some of the asterisk packages within the
Debian archive, while other packages get pulled down from the Digium
archive.  Is that intended?

I tried to do another machine today and found that your key has gone
missing from the key server:

# apt-key adv --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 175E41DF
Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options --no-default-keyring
--secret-keyring /etc/apt/secring.gpg --trustdb-name
/etc/apt/trustdb.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --primary-keyring
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 175E41DF
gpg: requesting key 175E41DF from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
gpgkeys: key 175E41DF not found on keyserver
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0

It was definitely there when I tried it yesterday - has it been revoked
or something?