[asterisk-users] Asterisk Transfer Extensions

傻小子 kengiepanda at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 05:57:09 CDT 2011

Hi All,

I am having some issues with Asterisk 1.8.3 extensions with a SIP Phone and
an gateway.

My setup is that I have my SIP Phone setup to register with the gateway.
 Then the gateway should sent calls to the Asterisk as a type of friend.
 This works fine if the SIP Phone configuration username and password isn't
already set into the asterisk.   The configuration of the SIP Phone username
and password on the asterisk is just for backup/testing purpose.

The situation now is that when the SIP Phone is registered to the gateway
and I make a call from the SIP Phone to the gateway, which sends the calls
to the Asterisk.  If the username in the From: of the SIP messages matches
any peers in the realtime configuration of the sipfriends.  The asterisk
will automatically use the From field and take that context, which in this
case is the context of  "testing".  While the actual call came from the
gateway which has a context of "outgoing-calls".  Is there a way to of not
"transfer" or to limit the context to the peer that the call actually came
from?

Gateway = context(outgoing-call)
SIP Phone = context(testing)
Asterisk using realtime config with a sipfriend of type friend username=123

Call make from SIP Phone (username=123) to gateway, which sends to asterisk.
 The asterisk would use the context testing instead of from outgoing-call,
since I assume that it is using the From field in the SIP Message.

Please help. Many thanks.

Regards,
Kengie