[asterisk-users] s extension not working

Sherwood McGowan sherwood.mcgowan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 13:56:10 CDT 2011

On 3/28/2011 1:33 PM, satish patel wrote:

> @Sherwood,
>
> I was also thinking about that.... But then how 's' extension match
> any unknown number ? Like when call coming from PSTN then how IVR
> picked up...?
>
> -Satish

The 's' extension does not match anything other than 's'. If your sip
registrations are configured without a trailing /<DIDNUMBER>, it gets
sent to the 's' extension on your default context. However, if you want
to match *any* number, you'd want '_X.', which matches any number.

--
Sherwood McGowan <sherwood.mcgowan at gmail.com>
Carrier, ITSP, Call Center, and PBX Solutions Consultant