[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8 Packages for Debian and Ubuntu

Daniel Pocock daniel at readytechnology.co.uk
Sun Mar 27 11:54:22 CDT 2011

> This effort is not intended to replace packaging of Asterisk in the
> official Debian or Ubuntu repositories.  Our repositories are for
> providing access to major versions of Asterisk that are newer than what
> is included.  We are exploring ways to work as closely as possible with
> the Debian and Ubuntu package maintainers to ensure that we do not
> duplicate efforts and that we provide the best possible result for users
> of Asterisk.

Thanks for providing these - can you just clarify your policy on the
following:

- file locations - same layout as the regular Debian packages?

- upgrade policy - is it intended that someone who has Debian 6 with the
existing Asterisk 1.6 packages (from Debian's maintainer) can just
upgrade to the Digium package without moving or changing any config?