[asterisk-users] Checking status of a cell phone

magnus.b at inputinterior.se magnus.b at inputinterior.se
Sat Mar 26 08:58:30 CDT 2011

Setup as below:

Celluar Network - E1 - Avaya - OOH323 - Asterisk

It works like this, some1 (we can call her Åsa) wants to know if i am
avaiable (my cell phone 073-302 59 75 is NOT_INUSE)
She have a web-app (just a simple form), where she enter my extension and
hits enter.
The web-app originates the call as i wrote and waits for the "status" then
ofc presents it to Åsa.

I was writing the app (probably the worst written code i have done so dont
ask me to post it) late thursday and let Åsa use it on Friday.
And yes, the AMI code was enough, everytime she should transfer a call to me
or just call me , she used the web-app first, and she was very happy.
When she saw that I was INUSE she sent me a mail that mr X has been looking
for me, i got the mail while I was talking in the phone so I know that
she used the web-app to determine my status, not just transfering the call.