[asterisk-users] What is the most stable version of asterisk?

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Thu Mar 24 11:59:14 CDT 2011

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> 1.2 has been the most stable version for me.
>
> Same setups with 1.4 +DAHDI has never been as stable with random crashes and
> re-starts - however they're not predictable and sometimes months apart. I had
> one instance of 1.2 run for over a year without a hiccup.
>
> I've not even thought about 1.8 yet.

Well that's disconcerting.

I've been feeling that I've been remiss by not moving my 1.2 clients into
1.6.

I only have one 1.2 site that has issues. It processes about 15,000 calls
a day and has a memory leak that affects voice quality after about
2,000,000 calls -- about every 4 months.

This host runs a version of meetme I hacked up. The client needed custom
'whispers' played to their agent before a client joins the conference so
the leak may be my fault.

--
Thanks in advance,