[asterisk-users] IAX Call token revisited

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Mar 23 13:34:01 CDT 2011

On 03/23/2011 11:24 AM, Dan Austin wrote:
> Kevin wrote:
>> On 03/21/2011 06:49 PM, Dan Austin wrote:
>>> I just finished a fresh install of 1.8.3.2 at home using the packages
>>> Digium hosts.
>>>
>>> After correcting a number of typo/config'o error that had crept in
>>> over the years, I thought I had everything working.
>>>
>>> My wife just complained that she cannot call her mother (who is using an
>>> old IAX hardphone I left for her).
>>>
>> After turning up the logging level I see-
>>> chan_iax2.c: Call rejected, CallToken Support required
>>>
>>> Which google cays can be fixed with:
>>> [general]
>>> calltokenoptional=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
>>> maxcallnumbers=16384
>>>
>>> or
>>> [peer]
>>> requirecalltoken=no (or auto)
>>>
>>> Either set of changes does suppress the error, but the remote device still
>>> fails to register. No other errors/warnings are present.
>
>> If there aren't any errors or warnings appearing, then you must not have
>> the logging verbosity set high enough. Ensure that you've used 'core set
>> verbose 10' and 'core set debug 10', and that your 'console' channel in
>> logger.conf has all the logger levels enabled. If you still don't see
>> what you are looking for, use 'iax2 set debug' to enable IAX2-specific
>> debugging for that phone's IP address.
>
> I should have said relevant errors/warnings.  I see info about
> devastate and queues, but little else.  That said I think the
> problem is unrelated to call token and an issue with the NAT
> firewall at my mother-in-laws.  The incoming traffic is on a
> very high port and not 4569.
>
> I interpret the following log as her phone is not receiving the
> replies-

It's pretty common for an IAX2 device behind a NAT to not be using port
4569 for its IAX2 communications, especially when it is not acting in a
'server' capacity... so I wouldn't be concerned about that specifically.

Given the fact that the phone is not incrementing it's OSeqNo in the
REGREQ packets you showed in the capture, I would agree that it appears
that the replies from Asterisk are not being received by the phone.

--
Kevin P. Fleming