[asterisk-users] Play different voice-mail messages based on certain conditions

Harel Cohen harel at easycall.gi
Mon Mar 21 20:05:45 CDT 2011

Hello List,
I have few installations out there based on 1.6.1 or above.
I'm trying to play different voice mail messages based on certain criteria's. For example, I want during office hours to play (in short): "we are not available to take your call, please leave a message", during off-hours and weekends I would play: "we are closed, our opening hours xx:xx-yy:yy, please leave a message or send a fax or send an email" and during holidays I would play: "we are closed due to holiday, please leave a message, fax, blab la" etc.
I've tried to configure context for each case and set the directoryintro in each such context however the Asterisk was always looking for vm-intro and it was always looking for it in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/.
Is it possible to select different vm message based on certain conditions?
I know I can play file with Playback() and then play empty vm-intro and I can also mess around with renaming files using System() however I was hoping there is a straight forward way rather than work-around.

Thank you...

Harel