[asterisk-users] IAX Call token revisited

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Mon Mar 21 18:49:36 CDT 2011

I just finished a fresh install of 1.8.3.2 at home using the packages
Digium hosts.

After correcting a number of typo/config'o error that had crept in
over the years, I thought I had everything working.

My wife just complained that she cannot call her mother (who is using an
old IAX hardphone I left for her).

After turning up the logging level I see-
chan_iax2.c: Call rejected, CallToken Support required

Which google cays can be fixed with:
[general]
calltokenoptional=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
maxcallnumbers=16384

or
[peer]
requirecalltoken=no (or auto)

Either set of changes does suppress the error, but the remote device still
fails to register.  No other errors/warnings are present.

I'm hoping a downgrade to 1.6/1.4 is not required, but google is not proving
to be helpful in this case.

Dan