[asterisk-users] Asterisk

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Mar 21 03:23:08 CDT 2011

Guys,

Some newbies have no idea. They need to be politely directed to sources
of information. Not left hanging in the air. For obvious reasons, my
answer is incomplete.

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 01:33:34PM +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have couple of questions regarding Asterisk.

Generally you are expected to do some basic research before posting to
this list. See e.g. http://asterisk.org/ , http://voip-info.org/ and
such.

> a) Does it has Automated Dialing Feature like dialing 1000 and 1000 of phone
> numbers?

You should think of Asterisk as a telephony programming kit. It can be
programmed to do that, yes. Dialing many phone numbers is actually quite
easy. Doing something useful with it is more tricky.

Search keywords:

asterisk dialer
asterisk predictive dialer

Also note that spamming people with unwanted calls is not something
people like.

> b) Does it Support VoiceXML ?

Not out of the box. There seem to be some third-party components to
support that (anybody?). That said, Asterisk provides quite a few other
methods for programming. (Manager interface, AGI, and such).

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com