[asterisk-users] switch statement in extensions.conf

Hose hose+asterisk at bluemaggottowel.com
Sun Mar 20 00:47:47 CDT 2011

So I have two asterisk servers, one acting as a frontend and another
acting as a backend interface to a PRI.  All I want is for the backend
to send all calls from the DAHDI interface to the frontend.  Seems like
switch would do that by placing this on the backend server:

switch => IAX2/frontend1/inbound_context

'frontend1' is already defined with proper username/secret combos in
iax.conf, and verified working - using a dial command to do
dial(IAX2/frontend1/${EXTEN}@inbound_context works fine.  However the
switch statement doesn't seem to do anything - I can remove anything
from the context that DAHDI calls come in on and just have that
statement, and it just fails.

If I change it to this which is basically the same thing:

exten => _.,1,Dial(IAX2/frontend1/${EXTEN}@inbound_context

it works fine - incoming calls get pushed over to the frontend over the
IAX trunk.  This is asterisk 1.6.2.16.1.  Did switch get removed and I
missed it?  It doesn't seem to be in the applications anywhere.

hose