[asterisk-users] Answering machine detection for a second leg callgenerated by a call file.

federico cabiddu federico.cabiddu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 12:40:27 CDT 2011

AMD is used mainly in scenarios like yours where an agent (the SIP
extension) is called, then an outbound call is generated and finally
the two legs are bridged. In your case you could call the Dial cmd
using the M option. The argument of M can be a macro like this simple
one:

exten => s,1,Background(short_silence)
exten => s,n,AMD()
exten => s,n,GotoIf($[${AMDSTATUS}=MACHINE]?mach:humn)
exten => s,n(humn),MacroExit
exten => s,n(mach),Set(MACRO_RESULT=CONTINUE)

So if an human is detected the legs will be bridged, if not the called
party will be hangup and the next number will be called.
The problem is, like previously said, the accuracy of the detection...

Best regards,

Federico