[asterisk-users] [1.4] Asterisk doesn't hang up?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Thu Mar 17 10:22:02 CDT 2011

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 22:45:35 +1100, John Kosmas
<batch40 at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>i have the same problem but it doesnt always happen tho from the same
>caller.
>
>im using Asterisk 1.4 - maybe newer version updates have
>had bug fixes. maybe this could rectify it.

Thanks John, but I still get the problem with 1.6. Looks like the VoIP
plug on my ADSL modem doesn't provide either polarity reversal or open
loop, so Zaptel/Dahdi can't dectect answer/detect.

Could be on purpose, to prevent people from hooking up an IP PBX and
use this option in ways the ISP wants to prevent ;-)