[asterisk-users] Trying to turn off TLS....

Louis Carreiro carreirolt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 06:29:27 CDT 2011

Hey all,

I'm currently running Asterisk 1.8.3 with FreePBX 2.8.1.3. It's tied to another IP-PBX via TLS. I have two problems going on..

1.) Every so often (say roughly every 24 hours), Asterisk stops handing calls back to the second IP-PBX. The call rings indefinitely and Asterisk complains about the certificate like below:
a. [Mar 16 16:10:04] VERBOSE[2973] tcptls.c: SSL certificate ok
b. [Mar 16 16:10:05] VERBOSE[3688] tcptls.c: SSL certificate ok
c. [Mar 16 16:10:05] ERROR[3688] tcptls.c: Certificate did not verify: unable to get local issuer certificate

So, it says it's okay and then within the same second it says it's not. That's when it stops passing calls.

So. I decided to turn off TLS and go back to just TCP, now enter problem #2..

2.) After setting the second IP-PBX back to TCP and setting "transport=tls" back to "transport=tcp" in the trunk config, Asterisk is still unable to pass the calls. In fact, it's a "All Circuits Are Busy" with a SIP error of "SIP/2.0 488 Not Acceptable Here". I've tried removing the TLS config in sip.conf, restarting the Asterisk core, and rebooting the box. No of these work.

So what does work? Rebuilding Asterisk. I'm puzzled. Does anyone have any insight into what's going on and how to fix either one of the two problems?

Thanks all!

Louis