[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8 paging with ploycom

Andrew Thomas andy at datavox.co.uk
Thu Mar 17 05:05:44 CDT 2011

[default]
exten => 777,1,Answer()
exten => 777,n,Record(/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/page:gsm)
exten => 777,n,Originate(Local/pb at dv-ip,exten,page-it,s,1)
exten => 777,n,Hangup()

exten => pb,1,Answer()
exten => pb,n,Playback(page)

[page-it]
exten => s,1,Set(page1=SIP/801&SIP/802&SIP/803) ; etc etc
exten => s,n,SIPAddHeader(Call-Info: \;answer-after=0)
exten => s,n,SIPAddHeader(Answer-Mode: Auto)
exten => s,n,SIPAddHeader(P-Auto-answer: normal)
exten => s,n,SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: info=alert-autoanswer)
exten => s,n,Page(${page1})

This works for me with a Yealink T28, a Linksys SPA-941, an Aastre 6755i
and a Grandstream BT-200.

Paging person dials 777 and records msg.  Msg is then played to other
handsets when # is pressed.  Remember, the person paging can't hangup
until the page has been played (in this example).

HTH