[asterisk-users] [1.6/Ubuntu] What packages for * + Dahdi?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Thu Mar 17 04:59:59 CDT 2011

Hello

I'd like to install Asterisk and Dahdi on a Ubuntu host using packages
instead of compiling from the source.

Are the following packages enough for this?

==========
asterisk - Open Source Private Branch Exchange (PBX)
asterisk-config - Configuration files for Asterisk

dahdi - utilities for using the DAHDI kernel modules
dahdi-linux - DAHDI telephony interface - Linux userspace parts

asterisk-sounds-main - Core Sound files for Asterisk (English)
asterisk-sounds-extra - Additional sound files for the Asterisk PBX

BTW, I notice "dahdi-dkms": Does it mean that when I upgrade the
kernel, I'll also need to upgrade Dahdi?

Thank you.