[asterisk-users] Call are established, but voices can't be heard

Warren Selby wcselby at selbytech.com
Wed Mar 16 23:42:30 CDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 11:41 PM, Warren Selby <wcselby at selbytech.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 11:39 PM, edward choi <mp2893 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the info.
>> But then do I have to set 'nat=no' when he is on a public IP address?
>> It would be quite a labor to switch back and forth every time my friend
>> switches from a public to private IP or private to public IP.
>>

> No, I don't believe so, but the best way to find out is to test.

Also, if it turns out that you indeed do need to switch, just create two sip
peers, and define two separate identities in the SIP client (I don't have
experience with the one you mentioned, but the one I use, iSip, allows this)
and switch between the two based on your network location.

--
Thanks,
--Warren Selby, dCAP