[asterisk-users] Pushing info to a Polycom phone - from outside of the local network

Mike list at net-wall.com
Wed Mar 16 10:03:58 CDT 2011

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Mike
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 10:56 AM
To: 'Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion'
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Pushing info to a Polycom phone - from outside
of the local network

I'm in a hosted PBX context. I'd like to push some strings ("Hello World")
from Asterisk to a Polycom phone's screen that is behind a NAT/firewall.
Basically as part of the SIP if possible, to make  it firewall friendly.

Is this even possible?

Part 2: Is this possible as part of a queue called (when I am not using the
dial command directly)?

I should have mentioned that I tried using the URL option in Queue(), but
that didn't seem to work using a Polycom 650.

I am one step further. I actually got something "not quite working".

Sorry to bother the list like this, I want to avoid people trying to help me
for no reason.  I will be back with solution, for archive purposes.

Mike