[asterisk-users] call file for page auto-call

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Wed Mar 16 08:27:11 CDT 2011

 From: "satish patel" <satish_lx at hotmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:31 PM
To: "asterisk-users" <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] call file for page auto-call

 Thanks for you input but how to do  SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: Ring Answer)   for auto answer my polycom phones and how to create group in .call file I am reading at http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+auto-dial+out  but didn't found anything related group calling. may be i am missing something could point me out..

-S

   Hey Support,

I am planing to implement new page system with asterisk 1.8  we have 200 SIP calls and page() will overkill my system if announce in one shot. so i am planing to record and play page over 50...50...50 chunk..

I am planing to do with .call file for auto calling after record message but i don't know how to call multiple extension ? and how to use page() with .call file for auto-answer and auto-call?

Appreciate your help..

-S One suggestion - set up 4 "call groups".  Group 1 calls first 50 phones, Group 2 51-100, etc.  If you set it up like 601, 602, etc. then in your call file you can test with 101 to get what you want, then change it to 601.

satish

We have a page group offering in our systems. We do not use call files to handle this we do it as direct processing. If I were to use a call file. I would create a custom context to use from the call file. The first thing I would do is build a string list of the phones being paged. The second is I would add the auto answer headers for the different types of phones that are in my network. This process is really quite straight forward.  The flow would be somthing like this..

Call Page Record.
     Call in.
     Record Message.
     Select page groups to send the message to.
     Write a call file with the message name, page groups and the page handling context.

Call file would contain.
     Custom page handling/processing context.
     List of page groups and message file name stored in vars.

In your Custom page handling/processing context.
     Read and parse the page groups list from a variable set in the .call file
     Read the recorded message from the .call file
    Loop for each page group.
         Build your paging group in a string (This should be able to be done using some kind of list. Either stright. csv or database you choose)
         Set the correct page headers
         Call the page command with the correct list.
         Play the recorded message
         Hangup
    Loop back and do next group.

This is really just a coding project. You have to break the entire issue down into it's base parts and then solve each one.

Good luck.

 Bryant Z