[asterisk-users] signal amplified by asterisk

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Tue Mar 15 16:24:00 CDT 2011

  _____

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Felix Dong
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 4:19 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [asterisk-users] signal amplified by asterisk

Hi there,

i called one asterisk server from another asterisk server. The calling
server played back a audio data und the answering server recorded the audio
sample using record() function.

I tried both ISDN, VoIP connections. Camparing with the original audio data,
the recorded samples from both connections were amplified by asterisk, so
that the recording were much louder. But I didn't adjust any rxgain or
txgain. I am wondering, how could it be!? Is this case normal? Can anyboby
tell me, how many dB will the transmitted and recieved signals be amplified
by asterisk in case of default rxgain and txgain (with another words: no
setting these values)?
Thanks a lot.

best regaud

Felix

My guess is that somehow the recorded file is a GSM 6.10 (WAV) file instead
of the Microsoft PCM 16 bit mono (wav) you are expecting.  File <foo> will
verify this.