[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8 paging with ploycom

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Mar 14 11:42:39 CDT 2011

On 03/14/2011 11:24 AM, satish patel wrote:
> Thanks Kevin,
>
> I test page application and it works but i am worried about i have 200
> SIP phone. Do you think asterisk page application can handle that number
> of page ?
>
> Just worried about my asterisk. I don't want to crach :(

It doesn't matter whether you use the Page application or dial the
phones directly using your AGI script and AMI; in either case, you are
creating 200 channels to the phones and putting them into a MeetMe-type
conference bridge. Using Page() will do this for you, and it will be
much easier to use.

Either way, 200 phones answering a call at the same instant is a *lot*
for Asterisk to handle. This is why multicast paging is preferred, but
as others have pointed out, it doesn't appear that Polycom phones
support that type of paging.

--
Kevin P. Fleming