[asterisk-users] sip show channel and t.38

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Mar 14 06:53:04 CDT 2011

On 03/14/2011 03:07 AM, Nick Ustinov wrote:
> Hello
>
> using asterisk 1.8, compiled res_fax.so and res_fax_spandsp.so - both
> loaded successfuly
>
> in sip.conf set t38pt_udptl=yes
>
> but faxes still don't work even in passthru mode.
>
> if i do a 'sip show channel' on the channel via which i am sending fax it shows:
>
> T.38 support            Yes
>
> however if i do sip show channel of my channel (from other server) it shows
>
>   T.38 support            No
>

> Advices appreciated :)

The first and most important advice would be to actually include
information that would allow people to help you. For example, 'sip show
peer' output confirming that *both* SIP endpoints have T.38 enabled.
Then, a complete 'sip set debug on', 'core set verbose 10' and 'core set
debug 10' console capture of a failing call, so that we can see what
happened with the T.38 session setup attempt.

--
Kevin P. Fleming