[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8 AGI error ast_carefulwrite: write() returned error

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Fri Mar 11 19:45:43 CST 2011

Un-top-posting...

>> On Fri, 11 Mar 2011, satish patel wrote:

>>> We upgrade asterisk from 1.2.x to 1.8.2.3 and my one of agi script
>>> doesn't working We have allpage.agi script for paging system on all
>>> polycom 501 but after upgrade it broke. Any idea what is this error ?

>>> [Mar 11 15:40:46] ERROR[3140]: utils.c:1130 ast_carefulwrite: write()
>>> returned error: Broken pipe

> On Mar 11, 2011, at 4:58 PM, Steve Edwards <asterisk.org at sedwards.com>
> wrote:

>> Without source code, I'd guess you are violation the AGI protocol.

>> Can you reduce your source code to a simple application that reliably
>> reproduces the error.

>> Can you post the source to the simplified application?

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011, Satish Patel wrote:

> I am not in office so i can't post script right now but will so once
> reach home.

> If you want to take a look at script I have following URL where someone
> already doing discusion. My script is pretty similer but I am grabbing
> all active extension via asterisk CLI commands not statically hardcoded.

> http://www.freepbx.org/forum/freepbx/tips-and-tricks/delayed-paging

If you are referring to the allpage.agi script posted about 40% down the
page...

It is not an AGI. Note that it does not use any AGI library and that it
does not read the AGI environment from STDIN -- which violates the AGI
protocol.

The allpage script connects to Asterisk via TCP using the AMI protocol.

In your dialplan, if you change 'agi(allpage.agi)' to
'system(allpage.agi)' does it behave as you expect?

Can you execute the script from a shell command line?

--
Thanks in advance,