[asterisk-users] dnsmgr_lookup

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Fri Mar 11 13:02:47 CST 2011

I am using 1.8.3 and changed  enable=no on dnsmgr.conf - however I am
still getting log messages
for dnsmgr_lookup. I wasnt expecting that.

I have a server and a couple dedicated machines just running ALSA
connections.
I dont need any dns lookups for anything - who do I disable it?

Thanks

jerry
------------
Asterisk Ready.
*CLI>
*CLI>        > doing dnsmgr_lookup for 'mndemo'
quit
No such command 'quit' (type 'core show help quit' for other possible
commands)
*CLI> core stop now
Beginning asterisk shutdown....
Executing last minute cleanups
  == Destroying musiconhold processes
Asterisk cleanly ending (0).

cat dnsmgr.conf
[general]
enable=no               ; enable creation of managed DNS lookups
                        ;   default is 'no'
;refreshinterval=1200   ; refresh managed DNS lookups every <n> seconds
                        ;   default is 300 (5 minutes)