[asterisk-users] Metaswitch to Asterisk problems

Chris Ledford chris.ledford at cnxntech.com
Thu Mar 10 09:02:04 CST 2011

I am setting up VM off Metaswitch due to a problem with Metaswitch VM. I have a couple days to prove this works and I need a little assist please.

I am using TRIXBOX 2.6.2.5 and have the Meta SIP trunk up. I have extensions built that can talk to each other. I took a trace on the TRIXBOX that shows when I dial my test phone on Metaswitch it goes to VM after a couple rings and the call goes to my TRIXBOX and asterisk plays a RTP message saying that the number cannot be contacted.

I don't understand how the TN on Metaswitch translates to the TRIXBOX VM account.

Can I please get a response on or off forum for some assistance in what I am doing wrong or if there is a good post or website with a guide on this config..

I have looked at several online over that last couple of weeks and they are dated and not running TRIXBOX 2.6.2.5, so trying to conform what I am reading to my config is confusing.

Thanks in advance.

V/r

Chris Ledford
CCNA/CCSP/CCNP Voice