[asterisk-users] Is this true for Asterisk as SBC?

DHAVAL INDRODIYA dhaval.it01034 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 04:49:22 CST 2011

*Hi All,

I have starting to reading About SBC and found one artical reagding SBC and
they gives a solutions like this.

i want to know is this true in realtime sceanario while we think of an big
implementation and is it possible with cloud computing.

i have found from
http://www.smartvox.co.uk/products_gateways_explained.htm

Asterisk as a Session Border Controller*
Equip the Asterisk server with two ethernet ports, connect one to the
Internet and the other to your internal network; set up the firewall,
configure the dial plans and you've got everything you need for a fully
functional Session Border Controller.

   - IP phones can register with the SBC either from the internal network or
   from the Internet.
   - Use your SBC as an Inbound and/or Outbound proxy to have complete
   control over incoming and outbound calls
   - Use it to control access to your IPBX and to overcome the usual
   problems associated with interfacing VoIP between your private network and
   the Internet
   - Solve one-way audio and other notoriously difficult and annoying NAT
   traversal problems while, at the same time, improving your systems security

regards
dhaval