[asterisk-users] Polycom Do Not Disturb button and asterisk hints

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Wed Mar 9 10:17:52 CST 2011

2011/2/17 Mike <list at net-wall.com>

> Hi,
>

> Is there ANY way for me to see the status of the Polycom DND buttons in the
> Asterisk hints? I`m using the BLF buttons to see the status of other
> people`s lines, and DND should logically be somehow reflected (I don`t care
> as much about Polycom showing the BLF button as DND, but I do care about
> Asterisk hints showing it in the CLI).
>

> Right now, a Polycom phone on DND shows up as being idle.  Which is it, but
> it doesn’t help reception say “Sorry he`s not available right now”.
>

> I don’t mind paying a reasonable bounty for it, or working closely with
> anyone to make this feature available, but I`ve been asked this by many
> customers in the past and it’s starting to be one of those “why the heck
> not” question.
>

> Mike

Hi,

I tried to work around this by centralizing DND requests in Asterisk and
sending back a short ("You're in DND mode") text to Polycom's screen (using
sipsak for this).
This was rather disappointing as Poycoms redirect text messages to an
Instant Messaging mailbox and do not keep them visible on screen.

Maybe, some king of XML magic would be a better mean to return current DND
status to users.

Any suggestion ?

regards