[asterisk-users] [Opinion Request] SIP phones that work well with Asterisk

Dan Journo dan at keshercommunications.com
Wed Mar 9 08:25:59 CST 2011

> Would you recommend some standalone SIP phones that work well with

> Asterisk?  Personal experience preferred.

We use Polycom phones. Mainly the IP321. We chose them because they can be easily provisioned using an FTP server which allows us to configure settings without visiting the phone, and the phone can be rebooted through Asterisk to update the settings instantly.

It also stores the phone's directory on the FTP server so users don't lose any contacts if the phone needs replacing.

Hope that helps.

Dan Journo
Kesher Communications (UK)
Business Phone Systems<http://www.keshercommunications.com/> | Hosted PBX<http://www.keshercommunications.com/hostedpbx.html>