[asterisk-users] Multiple SIP endpoint registrations

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Wed Mar 9 07:21:51 CST 2011

 From: "--[ UxBoD ]--" <uxbod at splatnix.net>
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 6:17 AM
To: "Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion"
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Subject: [asterisk-users] Multiple SIP endpoint registrations

 Hi,
 With Asterisk 1.8 is it now possible to register the same SIP account at
multiple endpoints and for both to ring when the associated extension is
dialed ?
--
Thanks, Phil

 Phil

Based on what we have seen you must have a sip account per end point. If
you want to ring multiple endpoints you can specify them in the dial
command exten => exp,n,Dial(SIP/Account1&SIP/Account2&SIP/Account3,
options). This is the only way we know of to do this as you must have an IP
and port number to send traffic to and we have seen no method of having two
IP's and Ports per account.

The only other way I could think of is some outside the box multicast
method and the endpoints would need to be set to receive any SIP traffice
without registration. This would not be secure and to my knowledge would be
beyond basic asterisk at this time.

Thanks
Bryant