[asterisk-users] [1.4] Reading phone number the French way?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Mar 9 04:43:37 CST 2011

On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 02:58:02PM -0600, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 March 2011 06:49:55 Faisal Hanif wrote:
> > You can also set it in dialplan using "Set(LANGUAGE=FR)"
>
> Actually, the right way to do this is:
> Set(CHANNEL(language)=fr)
>
> The "LANGUAGE" pseudo-variable is read-only.

Also note that Asterisk will use French number saying rules as long as
the language (the "LANGUAGE" pseudo variable) is "fr" or its prefix
(anything up to the first '_') is "fr".

If you want to test that, try on a system with no French prompts but
with the standard English ones:

  ln -s en /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/fr

Or alternatively:

  ln -s en /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/fr_WhatEver

Now set the language (as described above) to 'fr_WhatEver' and try using
SayNumber. e.g.:

  channel originate SIP/yourphone Application SayNumber 245

I figure a prompt or two will be missing.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com